Notes and Links
Nicholas Snow*; is most probably the Nicholas Snow that was bap. Jan. 27, 1599 at St. Leonard's, Shoreditch, London, England. He died Nov. 15, 1676, Eastham MA. He is most probably the son of Nicholas Snow* (b. c1580), and Elizabeth Rowlles* (b. c1580) who both died in Hoxton, Middlesex, England. He is most probably the grandson of Nicholas Snow* (b. c1535), and Katherina Harwoode* (b. c1537) who were married on Oct 5, 1559, at Westminster, St. Martin Fields, London, England.
- m. Constance Hopkins*; Constance Hopkins*; b. 1606, Hurseley, Hampshire, England; d. Oct. 1677, Eastham MA. She was also known as "Constanta".
- Nicholas and Constance had 9 known children and possibly 3 more:
- Mark Snow; b. May 9, 1628; d. 1694/5
- m1. Ann (or Anna) Cooke, on Jan. 18, 1654/5, Eastham MA. She was b. c 1636; d. 1656, Eastham. She is a daughter of Josiah Cooke and Elizabeth (Ring) Deane. Mark and Ann (or Anna) had one child, a daughter, Annah (or Anna) Snow, who married Eldad Atwood and they had 8 children.
- m2. Jane Prence, on Jan. 9, 1660. She was b. Nov. 1, 1637, Duxbury MA; d. 1712. She is a daughter of Governor Thomas Prence and Elizabeth Collier. Mark and Jane had 8 children.
- Mary Snow* (c1630-1704)
- Sarah Snow (c1632-c1697)
- Joseph Snow; b. c1634
- m. Mary Higgins (c1648-1742/3). and had 12 children.
- Stephen Snow (c1636-1705)
- John Snow (c1638-1692)
- m. Mary Smalley (1647-c1703), and had one child, Phebe Snow.
- Elizabeth Snow (1640-1678)
- m. Thomas Rogers (c1639-1719), son of James Rogers (c1613-c1676) and Mary ___?, early immigrants to Providence RI.
- Jabez Snow (c1642-1690)
- m. Elizabeth Smith (c1648-1732/3), daughter of Ralph Smith and Elizabeth Hobart.
- Ruth Snow (1644-1716/17).
- m. John Cole (1644-1724), son of Daniel Cole and Ruth Chester, and had seven children.
- a child Snow, possibly, Waitstill Snow (c1643-1718), who m1. Joseph Sabin, and had one child, Abigail Sabin; then m2. Jarett Ingraham.
- a child Snow, possibly a daughter, Constance Snow.
- a child Snow.
Nicholas Snow* (c1599-1676) is most probably the Nicholas Snow that was bap. Jan. 27, 1599 at St. Leonard's, Shoreditch, London, England. He d. Nov. 15, 1676, Eastham MA. He may be the son of Nicholas Snow* of Hoxton, Middlesex County, England.
Nicholas Snow arrived in Plymouth MA from England on the ship Anne in 1623.
- Mayflower Families Through Five Generations, Vol. 6 - 2nd . Ed. - Stephen Hopkins, pub. by the General Society of Mayflower Descendants, 1995.
- Cape Cod Genealogy, by Edward A. Cooper.
- MacKay Family & Connections in the Maritimes, by Michael MacKay.
- Mayflower Increasings, 2nd Ed., by Susan E. Roser, pub. by the Genealogical Publishing Company, Inc., 1997.
- Numerous genealogies concerning the descendants of Nicholas Snow and Constance Hopkins can be found by entering "Nicholas Snow"+"Constance Hopkins" into the Google search Engine: Search Google.
Go to the Index of ancestral surnames
Go to the Index of Names: which includes names of in-laws, half-relations, aliases, and adopters.
Go to the How to use this genealogy page.
Contact the author: e-mail link: Phillips Verner Bradford
Note: Ancestors of Phillips Verner Bradford are denoted in the text lists with an asterisk (*) following the names.