Notes and Links
Gertrude Phillips; b. Aug 11, 1870, Raleigh, Wake County, NC; d. Jan 5, 1945 in Houston TX, buried in Chapel Hill NC.
- m. Richard Tevia Daniel (1862-1949), in c1904. Richard is buried in Tulsa OK.
- Gertrude and Richard had 4 children:
- Richard Tevia "Dick" Daniel, Jr. (1906-1974); b. Apr 3, 1906, Miami, FL. He lived in Kerrville, TX.
- m. Aena ___?, and had two daughters: Marion Daniel, and Suzanne Daniel. Suzanne married Raymond Gabler, whom she later divorced.
- Samuel Phillips Daniel (1908-1989); b. Apr 21, 1908, Miami FL; d. May 29, 1989, He lived in Tulsa OK.
- m1. Mary Rumley and had one child, a son:
- Samuel Phillips Daniel, Jr., who became an Attorney.
- m1. Carol Baumgarner and had 3 sons. Her 3 sons by Samuel Phillips Daniel are:
- Samuel Phillips Daniel, III.
- Theodore William Daniel.
- John Tevia Daniel
- m2. Mary Lou ___?. Samuel (Jr.) and Mary Lou had no children together.
- m2. Katherine McKellar, from whom no children were born.
- m3. Hal Jean, from whom no children were born.
- Elizabeth Phillips Daniel (1910-1987)
- m. Davis M. Wallace and had two daughters:
- Rosiland Wallace.
- Barbara Wallace.
- William "Henry" Harrison Daniel) (1913-1999)
- m. Harriette Louise Cheek (1918-1985) and had 3 children:
- Nancy Louise Daniel; b. Aug 8, 1943.
- m. Robert Arthur Clarke on June 5, 1965, in Tulsa OK
- Nancy and Robert had 2 children:
- Windy Linn Clarke; b. Aug 17, 1966, in Rogers AR
- m. Philip Alan Brown; on July 20, 1988, in Rogers AR. Philip was born Nov 12, 1961 in Nashville AR.
- Windy and Philip had 3 children:
- Brittany Faith Brown; b. Nov 19, 1991, in Shreveport LA.
- Candace Hope Brown; b. May 25, 1994, in Jackson MS.
- Connor Daniel Brown; b. Nov 7, 2002, in Ft. Smith AR.
- William "Kip" Daniel Clarke; b. July 30, 1971, in Rogers AR
- m. Holly Anne Freeman; on July 16, 1996, in New Roads LA. Holly was born Apr 13, 1971.
- Kip and Holly had 3 children:
- Audrey Louise Clarke; b. Apr 7, 1999, in Springdale AR.
- Grace Anne Clarke; b. Apr 13, 2001, in Johnson AR.
- Tyler Robert Clarke; b. Nov 3, 2002, in Fayetteville AR.
- Gail Anne Daniel, deceased in infancy.
- Virginia Lynn Daniel; b. Sep 20, 1949.
- m1. Wesley C. Matthews, and had one child:
- Wesley Lance Matthews, b. May 3, 1970, who married Kimberly Michelle Adams, and had one son:
- m2. Ronald Thomas Henley (1944-1974), and had one child, a son, before Ronald died:
- Thomas Wade Henley, b. Apr 16, 1973;
Gertrude Phillips (1870-1945) was born in Raleigh, Wake County, NC. She was the youngest child in her family. Her father, Samuel Field Phillips (1824-1903) was practicing law in Raleigh when Gertrude was born and he began serving as an NC State Legislator when she was about a year old. As her father was appointed to serve as the Solicitor General of the United States under President Grant in 1872, Gertrude would have little memory of living in North Carolina, but had many ties and roots there. She was brought up in Washington DC, where she lived unmarried until after her father died in 1903.
Gertrude married in about 1904 and had her first two children in Miami, Dade County, FL. Her 4th child was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma, as she moved according to her husband's business interests.
Gertrude died while visiting her daughter in Houston, TX, and she was buried in Chapel Hill, NC, in 1945.
Go to the Index of ancestral surnames
Go to the Index of Names: which includes names of in-laws, half-relations, aliases, and adopters.
Go to the How to use this genealogy page.
Contact the author: e-mail link: Phillips Verner Bradford