Notes and Links
Constance Hopkins*; b. 1606, Hurseley, Hampshire, England; d. Oct. 1677, Eastham MA.
- m. Nicholas Snow*, before 1628, prob. Plymouth. He is most probably the Nicholas Snow that was bap. Jan. 27, 1599 at St. Leonard's, Shoreditch, London, England. He died Nov. 15, 1676, Eastham MA. He is most probably the son of Nicholas Snow* (b. c1580), and Elizabeth Rowlles* (b. c1580) who both died in Hoxton, Middlesex, England.
- Constance and Nicholas had 9 known children and possibly 3 more:
- Mark Snow; b. May 9, 1628; d. 1694/5
- m1. Ann (or Anna) Cooke, on Jan. 18, 1654/5, Eastham MA. She was b. c 1636; d. 1656, Eastham. She is a daughter of Josiah Cooke and Elizabeth (Ring) Deane. Mark and Ann (or Anna) had one child, a daughter, Annah (or Anna) Snow, who married Eldad Atwood and they had 8 children.
- m2. Jane Prence, on Jan. 9, 1660. She was b. Nov. 1, 1637, Duxbury MA; d. 1712. She is a daughter of Governor Thomas Prence and Elizabeth Collier. Mark and Jane had 8 children.
- Mary Snow* (c1630-1704)
- Sarah Snow (c1632-c1697)
- Joseph Snow; b. c1634
- m. Mary Higgins (c1648-1742/3). and had 12 children.
- Stephen Snow (c1636-1705)
- John Snow (c1638-1692)
- m. Mary Smalley (1647-c1703), and had one child, Phebe Snow.
- Elizabeth Snow (1640-1678)
- m. Thomas Rogers (c1639-1719), son of James Rogers (c1613-c1676) and Mary ___?, early immigrants to Providence RI.
- Jabez Snow (c1642-1690)
- m. Elizabeth Smith (c1648-1732/3), daughter of Ralph Smith and Elizabeth Hobart.
- Ruth Snow (1644-1716/17).
- m. John Cole (1644-1724), son of Daniel Cole and Ruth Chester, and had seven children.
- a child Snow, possibly, Waitstill Snow (c1643-1718), who m1. Joseph Sabin, and had one child, Abigail Sabin; then m2. Jarett Ingraham.
- a child Snow, possibly a daughter, Constance Snow.
- a child Snow.
Constance Hopkins* (c1607-1677) is the daughter of Stephen Hopkins* (1581-1644) and Mary ___?*. Constance arrived on the Mayflower to Plymouth in 1620, with her father and step-mother, Elizabeth Fisher. She was also known as "Constanta"
Stephen Hopkins*, was baptised on Apr 30, 1581 at Upper Clatford, Hampshire County, England. He was the son of John Hopkins* and his second wife, Elizabeth Williams*, of Upper Clatford.
John Hopkins was first married to Agnes Borrowe and had two children, William Hopkins (bap. June 16, 1575) and Alice Hopkins (bap. Mar 20, 1577/8). John Hopkins* married second to Elizabeth Williams*, and has two children, Stephen Hopkins (bap. Apr 30, 1581) of the Mayflower, and Susanna Hopkins (bap. June 24, 1584.
- Mayflower Families Through Five Generations, Vol. 6 - 2nd . Ed. - Stephen Hopkins, pub. by the General Society of Mayflower Descendants, 1995.
- MacKay Family & Connections in the Maritimes, by Michael MacKay.
- Mayflower Increasings, 2nd Ed., by Susan E. Roser, pub. by the Genealogical Publishing Company, Inc., 1997.
- Numerous genealogies concerning the descendants of Nicholas Snow and Constance Hopkins can be found by entering "Nicholas Snow"+"Constance Hopkins" into the Google search Engine: Search Google.
Go to the Index of ancestral surnames
Go to the Index of Names: which includes names of in-laws, half-relations, aliases, and adopters.
Go to the How to use this genealogy page.
Contact the author: e-mail link: Phillips Verner Bradford
Note: Ancestors of Phillips Verner Bradford are denoted in the text lists with an asterisk (*) following the names.