| M57 - The Ring Nebula in Lyra
|Arguably the best known planetary nebula along with M27.
- RA: 18:54
- Dec: 33:02
- Size: 1.4x1.0'
- Magnitude: 8.8
- Distance: 4100 ly
- Constellation: Lyra
- Millennium Star Atlas: Vol. III, p. 1153
- Scope: 12.5" Ritchey-Chretien at f/9
- Autoguider: unguided
- Sky conditions: excellent seeing, moderate transparency
- Film: FLI Dream Machine CCD
- Exposure: 14x20 seconds L, 5x30 seconds R,G,B
- Date: 6-23-01
This shot replaces an earlier film version. It has been upscaled to 125% for better presentation.
Back to the photograph list...