| IC 5146 - The Cocoon Nebula
|A delicate nebula like the Trifid with zones of reflection and emission and dark lanes.
- RA: 21:53
- Dec: 47:17
- Size: 20x10'
- Magnitude: 10.0
- Distance: ~4000 ly
- Constellation: Cygnus
- Millennium Star Atlas: Vol. III, pp. 1103-4
- Scope: 12.5" Ritchey-Chretien at f/9
- Autoguider: ST-4 in faint mode
- Sky conditions: Good transparency, seeing
- Film: FLI Dream Machine CCD
- Exposure: 20x90 seconds L, 8x240 seconds R,G,B
- Date: 9-7-02
Warm and somewhat foggy during parts of the night. To really
top things off, an aurora sparked up during the evening (see this link from
my friend Bruce's site for some images of it).
Back to the photograph list...